FIVE men, including two Brits and two Spaniards, have been arrested after €56 million worth of cocaine was discovered on a private jet.
The half-tonne haul is believed to be one of the largest recent seizures of its kind.
Border Force found 500kg of the Class A drug after searching the aircraft when it landed at Farnborough airport, Hampshire.
It had arrived from Bogota, Colombia on Monday.
An Italian was also arrested after the drug was found stashed in 15 suitcases on board.
Border Force deputy chief operating officer Mike Stepney said: “After meeting the flight and questioning those on board, officers became suspicious and searched the aircraft and their luggage.
“When opened, each case was found to contain between 34 to 37 tape-wrapped packages weighing approximately one kilo each.
“One of these was pierced and a white powder exposed which tested positive for cocaine.”
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22