A SUSPECTED drug gang leader has been ‘rescued’ from hospital by a gang of his associates.
The suspect was a prisoner at the Botafuegos jail in Algeciras but was part of the ‘third degree’ programme.
The programme allows prisoners to be free during the day but they must spend the night inside.
The now fugitive was seen acting suspiciously near a notorious drug-dealing area of La Linea when police gave chase.
He fled on a motorbike but crashed while trying to get away.
While recovering in a nearby hospital and under the watch of two Spanish cops, 12 masked associates stormed the building to repatriate their colleague.
The two police were beaten and overpowered by the group, who managed to evacuate the suspect successfully.
Only one gang member was caught.
The investigation continues.
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22
- TASTING MANILVA: Discovering another side to this expat hotspot through cottage industry wine - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 11:51
- HOUSE OF HORRORS: Expat squatter couple caged and interrogated after dead baby and child, 3, found buried near luxury urbanisations in Spain - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 14:23
- Warnings as woman almost DIES in Spain after suffering huge allergic reaction to partner’s sperm in WORLD FIRST - 14 Mar, 2019 @ 17:36