A SUSPECTED drug gang leader has been ‘rescued’ from hospital by a gang of his associates.
The suspect was a prisoner at the Botafuegos jail in Algeciras but was part of the ‘third degree’ programme.
The programme allows prisoners to be free during the day but they must spend the night inside.
The now fugitive was seen acting suspiciously near a notorious drug-dealing area of La Linea when police gave chase.
He fled on a motorbike but crashed while trying to get away.
While recovering in a nearby hospital and under the watch of two Spanish cops, 12 masked associates stormed the building to repatriate their colleague.
The two police were beaten and overpowered by the group, who managed to evacuate the suspect successfully.
Only one gang member was caught.
The investigation continues.
- British boy, 5, who drowned near Spain’s Costa del Sol was visiting expat granddad - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 13:48
- REVEALED: Spain to have ‘warmer than average’ summer with Costa del Sol among hottest areas - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 13:26
- ‘WE’RE BEING POISONED’: Video of ship billowing black fumes ‘onto people’s homes’ outrages Gibraltar residents - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 11:43
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38