A DEPRESSED father-of-two killed his children before committing suicide near Madrid.
José Alberto Gálvez López, 46, was found dead on some railway tracks on Tuesday evening close to his home in Getafe.
The discovery was quickly linked to a fire at a ground floor flat after a note was found on the body saying: “It was me. I killed my kids. I don’t want them to suffer.”
Upon entrance into the burning building, firefighters found his children, aged 13 and 8, on a bed which appeared to have been freshly made.
According to the preliminary autopsy the children had been drowned first.
Their mother, who was still in a relationship with Lopez, said: “Apart from losing his mind, my husband had no apparent motive to kill them.”
- LOCA FOR LOCAL: Fantastic wines can be found in Malaga and Andalucia - 27 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- King of Reggaeton J Balvin coming to Spain’s Costa del Sol - 19 May, 2018 @ 09:39
- More than 7.5 TONNES of hashish seized after Manilva-Estepona smuggling operation busted - 18 May, 2018 @ 15:40
- Spanish student auctioning her virginity has already been offered €250k - 18 May, 2018 @ 14:42
- COMPETITION ALERT: Win return flights to UK with Jet2 - 17 May, 2018 @ 16:18
- Come fly with me – new routes launched from UK to Spain - 16 May, 2018 @ 16:10
- Six towns on the Costa del Sol set to get a boost from European grants - 16 May, 2018 @ 15:35
- Spanish museum set to show controversial exhibition that was cancelled in New York following protests - 13 May, 2018 @ 15:00
- WINE TIME: Cocktails to enjoy in the sunshine (finally!) - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:14
- New TV series based on Spanish Civil War whips up Twitter storm - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:00