THE father of an Northern Irish schoolboy who was killed in a suspected hit-and-run has described the boy as having a ‘smile that touched so many hearts’.
Carter Junior Carson, 10, was struck down while holidaying with his father Stuart and his partner Claire in Spain last Thursday.
The schoolboy, from Co Antrim, died in hospital the next day.
His father said: “Carter was our world, with a smile that touched so many hearts. He was a football crazy kid whose loss we can’t describe.
“We would like to thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts for their support, kind words and generosity. Rest easy Daddy’s wee superstar.”
The family are still in Tenerife liaising with the authorities before they can return home to Newtownabbey.
The collision happened at around 8.30pm on Calle Dublin in Adeje in the south of the island.
In a statement the Foreign and Commonwealth Office said they were providing assistance to the family following the tragic death.
Abbots Cross Primary School paid tribute their pupil, saying: “The whole school community of Abbots Cross Primary is deeply saddened by the sudden loss of our P5 pupil, Carter Carson.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with Carter’s immediate and wider family circle at this tragic time.”
According to Spain’s interior minister, two people have been arrested over the hit-and-run.
“Police have arrested two men over their alleged links to the fatal running-over of a boy in Tenerife,” Juan Ignacio Zoido said yesterday.
“Once again the public’s help has been fundamental. Thanks for all your help.”
- Brazilian soldier from convoy of President Bolsonaro arrested for smuggling cocaine into Spain’s Sevilla after controversial leader vowed to crack down on drugs - 26 Jun, 2019 @ 12:41
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27