THE father of an Northern Irish schoolboy who was killed in a suspected hit-and-run has described the boy as having a ‘smile that touched so many hearts’.
Carter Junior Carson, 10, was struck down while holidaying with his father Stuart and his partner Claire in Spain last Thursday.
The schoolboy, from Co Antrim, died in hospital the next day.
His father said: “Carter was our world, with a smile that touched so many hearts. He was a football crazy kid whose loss we can’t describe.
“We would like to thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts for their support, kind words and generosity. Rest easy Daddy’s wee superstar.”
The family are still in Tenerife liaising with the authorities before they can return home to Newtownabbey.
The collision happened at around 8.30pm on Calle Dublin in Adeje in the south of the island.
In a statement the Foreign and Commonwealth Office said they were providing assistance to the family following the tragic death.
Abbots Cross Primary School paid tribute their pupil, saying: “The whole school community of Abbots Cross Primary is deeply saddened by the sudden loss of our P5 pupil, Carter Carson.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with Carter’s immediate and wider family circle at this tragic time.”
According to Spain’s interior minister, two people have been arrested over the hit-and-run.
“Police have arrested two men over their alleged links to the fatal running-over of a boy in Tenerife,” Juan Ignacio Zoido said yesterday.
“Once again the public’s help has been fundamental. Thanks for all your help.”
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22