A GROUP of Year 6 pupils has won an all expenses paid holiday to Mallorca after filming their own version of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme tune.
The students from Southwark Primary School triumphed in the East Midlands category of Jet 2’s Ultimate School Trip Competition.
The contest tasked pupils with creating their own promotional video for the Sol Katmandu Park and Resort hotel.
The victorious pupils will visit the hotel for a long weekend on April 20 and will enjoy fun educational workshops with celebrity hosts, including Dick and Dom.
Further winners will be announced shortly from the eight other regional contests.
“It is a dream come true for them,” said Year Six teacher Nick Smith.
“Some of them have never ever been on a plane before so the excitement to actually travel by plane is overwhelming.
“This is so amazing for our school, we didn’t want to believe we would win and we didn’t want to set unrealistic expectations so to actually win the prize is amazing.”
- Activists propose daily tax for Balearic cruise ship passengers - 26 May, 2018 @ 21:02
- Branson embraces Balearic life while Necker Island is rebuilt - 26 May, 2018 @ 18:44
- Chinese film industry eyes up purchase of Spanish locations - 26 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- Podemos leader faces confidence vote after ‘luxury’ home purchase - 26 May, 2018 @ 12:13
- Stunning Kensington pine walk property goes on the market in Pollensa - 25 May, 2018 @ 17:13
- Magaluf hit-and-run Brit is younger sister of expat drug lord - 25 May, 2018 @ 13:13
- Balearic president to meet with airlines to safeguard resident discounts - 25 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- Airport group goes public with concerns over transporting drunk passengers - 24 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- British tourists warned over balcony antics in new safety video - 24 May, 2018 @ 14:37
- British bar managed arrested over the death of Northern Irish tourist in Magaluf - 24 May, 2018 @ 12:33