16 Apr, 2018 @ 14:08
1 min read

WARNING: Mussels in Spain containing norovirus distributed to Andalucia, dozens infected

mussels

SOME 39 people have become infected by norovirus after eating contaminated frozen mussels. 

The outbreak  occured in Valencia, but the infected batch had already been distributed to Andalucia, the Balearic Islands and nine other regions.

The Spanish Agency for Consumer Affairs, Food Safety and Nutrition has issued a warning to anyone who has bought frozen mussels from the batch to throw them away immediately.

 

The product is frozen cooked mussels from Galicia, called Mejillón media concha súper, under the Estrella Polar brand.

Any packaging containing the lot number 010DOP-18 should be thrown out.

Authorities across the 11 regions affected have been informed and are removing the product from shelves.

 

The European Competent Authorities have also been informed through the Rapid Alert System for Food (RASFF).

 

Laurence Dollimore

Laurence has a BA and MA in International Relations and a Gold Standard diploma in Multi-Media journalism from News Associates in London. He has almost a decade of experience and previously worked as a senior reporter for the Mail Online in London.

GOT A STORY? Contact [email protected] or call +34 951 273 575 Twitter: @olivepress

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

baza
Previous Story

Spain’s Andalucia rocked by 14 earthquakes in just three hours as residents report tremors

tourists
Next Story

New rules to clamp down on bogus package holiday sickness claims in Spain

Latest from Food & Drink

Go toTop

More From The Olive Press