Juan Jose Fernandez stabbed and assaulted Enrique Sanchez, his brother-in-law, who spent more than 20 years behind bars for the sexual assault and murder of Ana Isabel, 4.
It was allegedly the third time Fernandez had attacked the killer since he was released from prison and returned to Granada.
Previous known attempts at retribution have included trying to run him over with a car and a punch up in a bar.
The disappearance of Ana Isabel was similar to the recent Gabriel Cruz case in Almeria.
The girl disappeared on May 25, 1985, and that Sunday would see the whole town participate in the search operation, including the killer, Enrique.
Like Gabriel, the corpse of the girl appeared days later at the bottom of a well.
Police soon uncovered evidence to tie Enrique to the murder before the trial revealed even more sordid details.
Enrique had taken the girl away from her hometown under the promise of sweets.
He took her to an abandoned farmhouse and tried to rape her.
He did not carry out the rape, but fearing the little girl would tell her parents he threw her down a well and covered it.
The girl drowned.
Dad Fernandez was 37 years old at the time while killer Enrique was just 21.
Fernandez has been released after the most recent assault while the Court of Instruction number 9 of Granada will take statements from several witnesses to clarify the events.
Killer Enrique, who in the two previous occasions did not file a denuncia, displayed wounds, blows and deep cuts in both hands and in the nasal septum.
He has not yet testified before the judge.
The alleged perpetrator Fernandez went to court last Friday, but could barely be heard because he was under the influence of anxiolytics.
Judicial sources quoted by Europa Press say that the circumstances of the events are ‘confusing’ and ‘technically there is no one being investigated.’
- FREAK FEBRUARY: ‘Anti-cyclone’ scorcher to see temperatures soar to 28C in Spain’s Andalucia this weekend - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 11:06
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37