Juan Jose Fernandez stabbed and assaulted Enrique Sanchez, his brother-in-law, who spent more than 20 years behind bars for the sexual assault and murder of Ana Isabel, 4.
It was allegedly the third time Fernandez had attacked the killer since he was released from prison and returned to Granada.
Previous known attempts at retribution have included trying to run him over with a car and a punch up in a bar.
The disappearance of Ana Isabel was similar to the recent Gabriel Cruz case in Almeria.
The girl disappeared on May 25, 1985, and that Sunday would see the whole town participate in the search operation, including the killer, Enrique.
Like Gabriel, the corpse of the girl appeared days later at the bottom of a well.
Police soon uncovered evidence to tie Enrique to the murder before the trial revealed even more sordid details.
Enrique had taken the girl away from her hometown under the promise of sweets.
He took her to an abandoned farmhouse and tried to rape her.
He did not carry out the rape, but fearing the little girl would tell her parents he threw her down a well and covered it.
The girl drowned.
Dad Fernandez was 37 years old at the time while killer Enrique was just 21.
Fernandez has been released after the most recent assault while the Court of Instruction number 9 of Granada will take statements from several witnesses to clarify the events.
Killer Enrique, who in the two previous occasions did not file a denuncia, displayed wounds, blows and deep cuts in both hands and in the nasal septum.
He has not yet testified before the judge.
The alleged perpetrator Fernandez went to court last Friday, but could barely be heard because he was under the influence of anxiolytics.
Judicial sources quoted by Europa Press say that the circumstances of the events are ‘confusing’ and ‘technically there is no one being investigated.’
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13