ANY Blighter who no longer resides in Blighty will recognise the problem.
How do you maintain a legitimate address in the UK so that you can still receive mail from your bank, insurance company, passport office, DVLA and HMRC… or shop on Amazon or Ebay and then have your post reliably forwarded on to Spain, Gibraltar, Mallorca or the International Space Station?
In the madness that so typifies the months leading up to emigration, we tend to concentrate on lifestyle issues; accommodation, employment, education for the kids, health care, the nearest beach, Red Lion Pub and chip shop.
Only later does the importance of leaving at least one foot planted on British soil start to dawn.
Many expats lay the responsibility for their mail at the door of a well-meaning friend or relative, but this ‘solution’ is rarely successful.
The excuses that your brother, sister-in-law, nephew, best mate from school etc is likely to use for not forwarding your mail are likely to include;
1: We sent them AGES ago!
2: Our Sarah took them all to the post office, but they didn’t have Spanish stamps.
3: We had a flood and it all got wet so the insurance company are trying to fix it.
4: I can’t find the envelope you left with the postage money in.
5: The French have blocked the ports again.
…and you’ve probably heard many more!
The founders of expatpost have all lived abroad and experienced these challenges at first hand.
That is why we offer you a choice of real UK street addresses with dependable, affordable mail forwarding (all you pay for is the onward postage, at cost), secure online mailbox controls, and a scan and send option for when you MUST have that important letter today!
Go and have a look for yourselves at www.expatpost.uk.
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38
- 10 Incredible Ways Technology Will Change Education By 2028 - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 14:30
- Airlines in Europe could soon be forced to fork out €1,400 for every piece of lost luggage - 7 Apr, 2019 @ 10:31
- Spain has one of smallest number of food-related deaths in world - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00
- British tourists’ spending up in first quarter of 2019 with Andalucia the main destination for UK holidaymakers - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 09:25