ANY Blighter who no longer resides in Blighty will recognise the problem.
How do you maintain a legitimate address in the UK so that you can still receive mail from your bank, insurance company, passport office, DVLA and HMRC… or shop on Amazon or Ebay and then have your post reliably forwarded on to Spain, Gibraltar, Mallorca or the International Space Station?
In the madness that so typifies the months leading up to emigration, we tend to concentrate on lifestyle issues; accommodation, employment, education for the kids, health care, the nearest beach, Red Lion Pub and chip shop.
Only later does the importance of leaving at least one foot planted on British soil start to dawn.
Many expats lay the responsibility for their mail at the door of a well-meaning friend or relative, but this ‘solution’ is rarely successful.
The excuses that your brother, sister-in-law, nephew, best mate from school etc is likely to use for not forwarding your mail are likely to include;
1: We sent them AGES ago!
2: Our Sarah took them all to the post office, but they didn’t have Spanish stamps.
3: We had a flood and it all got wet so the insurance company are trying to fix it.
4: I can’t find the envelope you left with the postage money in.
5: The French have blocked the ports again.
…and you’ve probably heard many more!
The founders of expatpost have all lived abroad and experienced these challenges at first hand.
That is why we offer you a choice of real UK street addresses with dependable, affordable mail forwarding (all you pay for is the onward postage, at cost), secure online mailbox controls, and a scan and send option for when you MUST have that important letter today!
Go and have a look for yourselves at www.expatpost.uk.
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47
- Amazing conversion: how to bring a beautiful old abandoned 18th century townhouse back to life - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:40
- 5 Ideas of Having Fun in Internet - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 09:23