Hurricane Leslie is currently on a trajectory towards the gulf of Cadiz, according to the Miami Hurricane Centre, and could land in the next two days.
Spain’s weather agency AEMET has announced that the most recent forecasts about the progression of Leslie, located in the center of the Atlantic Ocean, has changed in the last few hours.
Its projectory has switched from landing in Portugal to hitting the gulf of Cadiz by Sunday.
AEMET had said the information provided by the National Administration of the Oceans and the Atmosphere of the US Government (NOAA) and the Hurricane Center of Miami left two possible scenarios.
“Leslie, already weakened, will go to the Gulf of Cádiz or turn towards the Canary Islands,” it previously said.
The latest forecast is a 50 – 70% probability that Leslie will reach the Gulf of Cadiz in the coming days as a tropical storm with winds of more than 70 kilometers per hour.
AEMET has not yet issued a warning as the forecast is still ‘uncertain’.
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38