?? ¡IMÁGENES MUY FUERTES! Un toro usado en las fiestas de Mejorada del Campo se rompe las patas nada más salir del cajón. ¡Basta ya de crueldad!
— PACMA (@PartidoPACMA) October 12, 2018
THIS is the moment a bull was filmed dragging itself along a street after breaking its hind legs, as it is forced to jump from a van at a Spanish festival.
The shocking footage filmed in the village of Mejorada del Campo near Madrid was shared by the Animalist Party Against the Mistreatment of Animals (PACMA) on their Twitter account.
As the bull smacks down onto the concrete its two back legs snap instantly and the large animal then drags itself helplessly along the street.
It is unclear whether the animal was then put down, but reports said that the ramp the bull was released with was placed too high for it to be safe.
PACMA have reported the incident as animal abuse and have begun a social media petition to change animal laws.
This latest controversial incident involving a bull comes just a day after 16 people were injured by a bull in the town of Valdelacalzada during a bullfighting celebration.
With some 20,000 bull-related events held in Spain each year, including 1,553 bullfights, the increasingly controversial sport boosts the economy to the tune of €1.6 billion.
- ‘Frightening’ moment on Thomas Cook flight to Spain as squishy cat toy explodes in British seven-year-old’s face - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 16:10
- Spain could snatch €1 billion Royal Navy ship contract ahead of British firms despite wargames over Gibraltar - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 12:40
- Gibraltar to install 17 speed bumps on Rock to protect ‘vulnerable’ baby monkeys from drivers - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 13:44
- Number of Brits on Costa del Sol increases for first time since before Brexit - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:14
- Man in Spain arrested over double knife attack at Ryanair check-in desk that saw woman stabbed in ear - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:33
- Tourism companies in Spain outraged at being handed limits on daily beach visitors with some as low as 250 per day - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 16:05
- WATCH: Dramatic moment huge tree smashes into crowd in Spain during Easter event - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- PIGEON PILL: Pesky birds in Spain’s Cadiz to be slipped contraceptives in food to control numbers - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00
- Climate change activists in Spain joined by those in UK as hundreds arrested - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 10:00
- SPOTTED: The only pictures of Wolves’ trip to Marbella ahead of Premier League action today - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:40