?? ¡IMÁGENES MUY FUERTES! Un toro usado en las fiestas de Mejorada del Campo se rompe las patas nada más salir del cajón. ¡Basta ya de crueldad!
— PACMA (@PartidoPACMA) October 12, 2018
THIS is the moment a bull was filmed dragging itself along a street after breaking its hind legs, as it is forced to jump from a van at a Spanish festival.
The shocking footage filmed in the village of Mejorada del Campo near Madrid was shared by the Animalist Party Against the Mistreatment of Animals (PACMA) on their Twitter account.
As the bull smacks down onto the concrete its two back legs snap instantly and the large animal then drags itself helplessly along the street.
It is unclear whether the animal was then put down, but reports said that the ramp the bull was released with was placed too high for it to be safe.
PACMA have reported the incident as animal abuse and have begun a social media petition to change animal laws.
This latest controversial incident involving a bull comes just a day after 16 people were injured by a bull in the town of Valdelacalzada during a bullfighting celebration.
With some 20,000 bull-related events held in Spain each year, including 1,553 bullfights, the increasingly controversial sport boosts the economy to the tune of €1.6 billion.
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57
- Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election in Spain for April 28 - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 10:59