POLICE in Benidorm have busted a Polish-led gang who stole €52,000 from punters at a sex club in just eight months by adding zeros to their bills.
The scam meant customers were regularly paying 10 times what they should have.
Three women, aged 22, 23 and 27, and the 34-year-old Polish manager, all Polish, were among those arrested at the Costa Blanca club frequented by Brits.
A spokesman for Spain’s National Police said: “With these arrests 20 cases of fraud have been solved.”
Police first received a complaint about the unidentified strip joint in April, the month it opened.
“All the people who filed complaints said they had been swindled out of money in the same way after agreeing a service for a set fee.
“The payment had to be made by credit card.
“When it came to charging the client, an employee allegedly modified the amount, mostly by adding a zero which meant the client paid around ten times the agreed amount.”
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57
- Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election in Spain for April 28 - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 10:59
- CATALUNYA CRISIS: ‘I am a political prisoner’ says Catalan leader as 12 separatists go on trial in Spain - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 20:48
- ‘I MISS MY BROTHER’: Sister of British expat filmmaker in Spain speaks out after balcony horror plunge puts him in coma - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 18:42
- Spain tourism chiefs call for alcohol ban in airports and say British police ‘have power’ to stop boozing on flights - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:12
- Spain likely to call snap general election as Pedro Sanchez fails to get budget past Parliament - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17