POLICE in Benidorm have busted a Polish-led gang who stole €52,000 from punters at a sex club in just eight months by adding zeros to their bills.
The scam meant customers were regularly paying 10 times what they should have.
Three women, aged 22, 23 and 27, and the 34-year-old Polish manager, all Polish, were among those arrested at the Costa Blanca club frequented by Brits.
A spokesman for Spain’s National Police said: “With these arrests 20 cases of fraud have been solved.”
Police first received a complaint about the unidentified strip joint in April, the month it opened.
“All the people who filed complaints said they had been swindled out of money in the same way after agreeing a service for a set fee.
“The payment had to be made by credit card.
“When it came to charging the client, an employee allegedly modified the amount, mostly by adding a zero which meant the client paid around ten times the agreed amount.”
- Costa del Sol to see 10% increase in employment this summer compared to 2018 - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 14:09
- Bin torching epidemic continues in Spain’s Mallorca as police arrest ANOTHER arsonist while damage totals €370,000 - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 13:07
- ‘Heartbroken’ family pay tribute to Irish dad stabbed to death with broken bottles in Costa del Sol pub - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:02
- Spanish golfers Garcia and Rahm joined by wealth of British stars at Andalucia Masters on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 10:30
- RING ROADS AND RUINS: Junta de Andalucia funding motorways, flamenco and sewage in NEW budgets - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 10:00
- OPINION: The news that a British boy’s death in Mallorca ‘could have been prevented’ is both shocking and sad - 21 Jun, 2019 @ 17:12
- British expat arrested after Irishman stabbed to death ‘while urinating’ in pub on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 Jun, 2019 @ 13:53
- Gibraltar announces drone crackdown after Gatwick attacks saw 140,000 travellers affected at Christmas - 21 Jun, 2019 @ 11:44
- Boy, 2, dies after falling into swimming pool in Spain’s Malaga - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 11:36
- Andy Murray’s Spanish doubles partner named in Wimbledon match-fixing investigation by police - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 09:46