A TRIO of right wing parties have come to an agreement to end 36 years of socialist rule in Andalucia.
Juan Manuel Moreno will be the new leader of the Junta de Andalucia.
The PP leader in the region has got the support of both Ciudadanos and Vox to lead the Sevilla- based parliament.
In return he will allow Ciudadanos to boss the Parliament at a more local level, while far right party Vox will be given some say on an executive level, the Olive Press understands.
While the exact combination of the cabinet is still being negotiated, leader Moreno is expected to be sworn in this week.
“It’s most probable I will be the next president of the Junta,” he said today.
“The choice of president will not be an obstacle to bringing in a change of government,” ciudadanos leader Juan Marín later confirmed this evening.
The change will spell an end of eight terms for the PSOE party.
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57
- Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election in Spain for April 28 - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 10:59
- CATALUNYA CRISIS: ‘I am a political prisoner’ says Catalan leader as 12 separatists go on trial in Spain - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 20:48
- ‘I MISS MY BROTHER’: Sister of British expat filmmaker in Spain speaks out after balcony horror plunge puts him in coma - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 18:42