A TRIO of right wing parties have come to an agreement to end 36 years of socialist rule in Andalucia.
Juan Manuel Moreno will be the new leader of the Junta de Andalucia.
The PP leader in the region has got the support of both Ciudadanos and Vox to lead the Sevilla- based parliament.
In return he will allow Ciudadanos to boss the Parliament at a more local level, while far right party Vox will be given some say on an executive level, the Olive Press understands.
While the exact combination of the cabinet is still being negotiated, leader Moreno is expected to be sworn in this week.
“It’s most probable I will be the next president of the Junta,” he said today.
“The choice of president will not be an obstacle to bringing in a change of government,” ciudadanos leader Juan Marín later confirmed this evening.
The change will spell an end of eight terms for the PSOE party.
- ‘Frightening’ moment on Thomas Cook flight to Spain as squishy cat toy explodes in British seven-year-old’s face - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 16:10
- Spain could snatch €1 billion Royal Navy ship contract ahead of British firms despite wargames over Gibraltar - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 12:40
- Gibraltar to install 17 speed bumps on Rock to protect ‘vulnerable’ baby monkeys from drivers - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 13:44
- Number of Brits on Costa del Sol increases for first time since before Brexit - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:14
- Man in Spain arrested over double knife attack at Ryanair check-in desk that saw woman stabbed in ear - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:33
- Tourism companies in Spain outraged at being handed limits on daily beach visitors with some as low as 250 per day - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 16:05
- WATCH: Dramatic moment huge tree smashes into crowd in Spain during Easter event - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- PIGEON PILL: Pesky birds in Spain’s Cadiz to be slipped contraceptives in food to control numbers - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00
- Climate change activists in Spain joined by those in UK as hundreds arrested - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 10:00
- SPOTTED: The only pictures of Wolves’ trip to Marbella ahead of Premier League action today - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:40