THIS is the mother and father of little Julen who fell down a well in Malaga on Sunday.
Vicky Garcia and Jose Rosello have been sleeping in a car beside the opening in the ground since Sunday, desperately hoping their son will be rescued.
It comes amid reports that DNA of Julen has been found among samples of dirt from deep within the well.
The tragic pair, who live in El Palo, in Malaga city, have already lost a son, making the story all the more heart-wrenching.
Their eldest boy Oliver died suddenly aged just three due to a heart defect in 2017.
Detectives confirmed today that DNA samples found in the soil were confirmed to be a match for Julen, who fell into the well on Sunday.
It follows a four-day frantic search for the tot, which saw hundreds of experts rush to the scene in Totalan.
Builder Carlos Mendoza, 49, from Malaga, who lives in Totalan, told the Olive Press: “Relatives of the couple only bought the land a couple of months ago, they didn’t even have a house there, just a tool shed.
“They had just arrived for the weekend, but actually live in El Palo.
“It’s a real tragedy for the village, there are only 600 people here and we are really devastated for the family.”
He told this paper yesterday: “It will be an absolute miracle if he comes out alive but we are all crossing our fingers.”
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25
- British expat arrested for starting forest fire on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 May, 2019 @ 21:15
- Top British rugby player fighting for his life after falling from major Spain airport car park - 20 May, 2019 @ 16:54
- British expat benefits cheat who stole more than €90,000 from UK coffers while living on Spain’s Costa del Sol given 900 YEARS to pay back debt - 20 May, 2019 @ 10:56
- 7 times town halls in Spain had us screaming ‘what were they thinking?’ - 19 May, 2019 @ 16:21
- Left-wing government could spell trouble for property investors - 19 May, 2019 @ 09:59