A MAN in Gibraltar found guilty of murdering his wife stabbed himself, according to a forensic pathologist.
Dr Brett Lockyer said, in the Supreme Court, that the wounds of Real Lishman, 43, who is accused of murdering Carolina Lishman, 32, were ‘self-inflicted’.
Carolina was murdered at her home in Sir William Jackson Grove in 2017, the first murder on the Rock since 2015.
The Home Office doctor said he had heard Lishman’s daughter say, ‘daddy stabbed mummy, then daddy stabbed himself’.
The six-year-old ran from the house ‘covered in blood’ and ‘crying hysterically,’ following the incident, the court heard.
More evidence given by Lishman’s daughter was read out in court: “I tried to stop daddy from stabbing himself.
“Blood got on top of me and mummy is in the kitchen.
“Daddy was stabbing himself, mummy on the floor, daddy on the floor.”
Lockyer said that Lishman’s wounds would have been ‘more widespread’ if they were made by someone else.
He also spoke about the 12 wounds found on Carolina Lishman’s body including one through her breastbone into her heart that ‘would have been fatal on its own’.
More wounds on her forearms and back indicated that she tried to ‘block’ an attack, he added.
Real Lishman will be sentenced on April 15, with the judge pointing to the likelihood of a life sentence.
- FIGHT THE POWER: Olive Press launches campaign to stop network of 352 pylons ‘destroying’ Andalucia’s Lecrin Valley and Alpujarras - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 09:00
- British comedy legend Jason Manford to perform in Gibraltar THIS SUMMER for first time ever - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 18:53
- WATCH: Netflix trailer for NEW natural history series narrated by Spain’s Penelope Cruz and David Attenborough - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 12:12
- British woman in Spain arrested over murder of homeless Romanian man with no legs who was strangled and set on fire - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 10:40
- WINDY WEATHER: Parts of Costa del Sol to be battered by gusts of over 70km/h THIS WEEKEND - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 11:03
- ‘HE WAS ALWAYS SMILING’: British baby boy dies suddenly at airport in Spain as family caught flight home from holiday - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 10:28
- British parents reveal son, 6, suffers deafness and rare diabetes after his face was paralysed when arcade machine fell on him on Spain holiday - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 09:43
- WATCH: Matador in Spain flung in air by bull and gored in buttocks before being rushed to hospital for surgery - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 10:33
- GIBRALTAR VS IRELAND: Fan zone, time, TV and everything else you need to know for Euro 2020 qualifier THIS WEEKEND - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 13:26
- Around 100 British expats in Spain flying to London for huge Brexit protest THIS SATURDAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:06