AT least 15 people have been arrested in connection with a spate of pig farm robberies in Malaga.
Those involved have so far been charged with eight crimes, including two for damages, one for violent robbery, and another for assault.
The Guardia Civil’s ‘Operation Camus’ began after police were alerted that towns in Teba and Campillos had been targeted.
In one of the robberies, a farmer tried to defend himself, but was stabbed twice in the arm by the gang, and had to receive medical attention.
At sites in Guadalteba catalytic convertors of vehicles stolen, due to the precious metals contained within.
The devices often use platinum, palladium and rhodium, which can fetch up to €80,000 a kilo.
In total 22 convertors were stolen, along with 10.5 kilos of copper wire, 23 kilos of copper pipe, other tools and various appliances.
- WATCH: Dramatic moment huge tree smashes into crowd in Spain during Easter event - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- PIGEON PILL: Pesky birds in Spain’s Cadiz to be slipped contraceptives in food to control numbers - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00
- Climate change activists in Spain joined by those in UK as hundreds arrested - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 10:00
- SPOTTED: The only pictures of Wolves’ trip to Marbella ahead of Premier League action today - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:40
- Spain’s Costa Blanca and Costa del Sol to be hit by FIVE DAYS of rain, flash floods and strong winds - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 11:49
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49
- Two arrested in Spain’s Andalucia over violent drug deaths after bodies dumped down well and car burnt out - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15