AN Irish fugitive jailed for a sadistic drug-fueled wheelie bin attack has died in Spain.
Teri Lau, 32, was sent down for his part in a shocking assault which left a man naked and battered in a taped up wheelie bin.
The crook, from Ballymena in Northern Ireland died in Benidorm on Sunday, after fleeing an arrest warrant for drug charges issued on January 23.
He was released after serving half of his three and a half year sentence for the attack on Adam Robinson after being sent down in 2015.
Robinson was found with satanic symbols carved into his head and body after being encouraged to attend a party on the Dunclug estate in 2013.
A 72-hour drug and drink binge saw Lau and two other men strip Robinson of his clothes and bundle him into a bin.
Robinson, who was also bound in masking tape, and thus suffered PTSD, was only freed 12 hours later when a dog-walker heard his screams.
An online post said Lau was the, ‘much loved son of Bernadine and Kan Tong and loving brother of Shannon, Toni and Barry’.
A Foreign and Commonwealth Office spokesperson said ‘no request for consular assistance’ had been made.
Details of the funeral have not yet been announced.
- Whether we like it or not, tourism to Spain boosts the economy and sways the property market, writes Amanda Butler - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 13:33
- ‘Greedy’ landowner sells expats’ animal refuge land near Costa del Sol meaning 800 animals could be killed - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 10:02
- OPINION: Is it any wonder racism flourishes in Spain, when a teacher of all people, feels she can call black men ‘monkeys’? - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 18:44
- SHOEDUNIT: Man cuffed in Spain’s Andalucia after hiding kilo of hash in trainers - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 14:58
- Spain’s FIRST boutique hotel with craft beer microbrewery opens on Costa del Sol - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 13:25
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Fabian Picardo meets Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt for Brexit and Iran crunch talks - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:49
- British cyclist Chris Froome awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana after Spanish champion stripped of title over doping - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:08
- Ex-soldier shoots wife dead with rifle from terrace before killing himself outside ex-wife’s home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:22
- IS IT YOURS?: Police in Spain’s Andalucia search for owner of €400 found in hotel - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 11:44
- Over 1 million people in Spain sign petitions supporting euthanasia, to be put before Government on Friday - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 00:00