A WOMAN has been arrested after her dog died from strangulation and heatstroke amid the European heatwave.
The 27-year-old known as SVT was cuffed on alleged charges of animal abuse after her ‘dying’ pet was spotted on a balcony in Valladolid.
After police officers saw the animal ‘panting intensely’ and could not break in, firefighters were called to rescue the animal.
But the dog could not be saved, after it had been tethered to balcony railings in the sun at the property in Calle Caamaño.
A vet confirmed the cause of death as ‘suffocation due to strangulation’, adding that ‘heat stroke’ could have also been a factor.
The woman was later released from custody due to the state of her health.
- American football star caught jumping over bulls at Spain’s San Fermin as veterans SLAM festival as ‘TOO SAFE’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:30
- Young woman arrested after ‘stabbing man in face with fork’ in Gibraltar’s Ocean Village - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:02
- Spanish man arrested over rape of British teenage girl in park in Spain - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:53
- Rock climber drowns in front of daughter after 30-metre plunge into sea near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:16
- Iconic castle on Spain’s Costa del Sol is FINALLY being repaired - 14 Jul, 2019 @ 09:14
- WATCH: Spanish school teacher’s vile RACIST rant at black British men on Spain train, calling them ‘monkeys’ and ‘f**king Africans’ - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 10:03
- Environmental group names and shames 19 Costa del Sol beaches as among worst in Spain - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:01
- Spain’s Government SEIZES former dictator General Franco’s €5 million summer palace over its ‘fraudulent’ sale - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 13:22
- Jennifer Lopez to perform on Spain’s Costa del Sol for her 50th birthday - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 12:39
- Marbella mayor invites Barack Obama back to Costa del Sol to play golf - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 11:36