NORTH Korea has threatened to kill the former US marine accused breaking into the secretive country’s embassy in Spain.
Iraq veteran Chris Ahn faces extradition to Spain on charges he took part in the break at the DPRK’s embassy in Madrid last February.
The 37-year-old spent six years in the US military before joining a shadowy Korean opposition group called Free Joseon, his activities have seemingly earned him a death sentence from Pyongyang.
“The F.B.I. has confirmed that the North Korean government has threatened his life,
“He is apparently the target of a dictatorship’s efforts to murder him,” a US federal judge in Los Angeles has said.
On February 22 a ‘military cell’ entered the North Korean embassy in the north-west of Madrid, and attacked staff before escaping in stolen diplomatic cars.
The assailants are also alleged to have handed stolen mobile phones, computers and documents over to the FBI.
Korea expert Sung-Yoon Lee told the American Fox News network: “The group faces a threat, North Korea has apparently dispatched hit-squads against the members who have been outed.”
- Drug smuggler held in Spain after hiding half a kilo of cocaine under toupee - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 13:50
- PICTURED: Grisly fate of Pamplona bulls during Spain’s famous San Fermin festival - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 12:09
- Pedro Sanchez walks away from coalition talks as political breakdown raises concern of repeat election in Spain - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:07
- Greenpeace ship Rainbow Warrior docks in Malaga to push for action on climate change - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 11:24
- Mystery masturbator back as sicko breaks into vehicles on Spain’s Mallorca and leaves semen all over the seat - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 11:00
- SOUTHERN COMFORTS: Why it’s not just the infamous Atlantic wind that keeps the Costa de la Luz so spiritually chilled - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 09:00
- OPINION: Vulnerable people being robbed in hospital beds on the Costa del Sol is an absolute disgrace - 6 Jul, 2019 @ 12:30
- Iran accuses UK of ‘piracy’ over oil tanker seized in Gibraltar and summons ambassador to Tehran - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 10:28
- Royal Marines in Gibraltar detain oil tanker on way to Syria - 4 Jul, 2019 @ 09:50
- North Korea hit squad hunt US vet behind raid on embassy in Spain - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 12:58