MONTEJAQUE residents Tony Bishop and Eva Bratek’s long-awaited walking book has just been published.
Describing 30 half-day walks in the Serranía de Ronda, the book also contains flora and fauna notes and photographs.
“Walking in the Ronda Mountains” was written in order to highlight the wealth and diversity of hiking routes in the Serranía de Ronda.
Author Tony Bishop explained, “No such book existed in English.”
Recognising that many people are not interested in climbing mountain summits and the relative absence of waymarking, Eva and Tony have concentrated on walks on public footpaths in the mountains, rather than climbs to mountain peaks on unmarked paths. The in-house designed route maps should eliminate any risk of getting lost.
Many people visiting this part of Andalucía for the first time are impressed by the rich and diverse birdlife and wildflowers. The authors bring these to life with vivid photographs and descriptions.
The book includes walks in the following areas of the Serranía de Ronda:
- The immediate vicinity of Ronda
- The Guadiaro Valley
- The Sierra de Grazalema
- The Sierra de las Nieves
- The Upper Genal Valley
- There are also walks to the top of Los Reales (just inland from Estepona) and near Ojén
Several of the 30 walks are accessible by using just public transport.
To promote the book, Tony, a retired lecturer from Middlesbrough, and his partner Eva, from Poland, a photographer and expert in the local flora and fauna, are holding a book signing on Friday, 1 April between 17.00 and 19.00 in the Casa de Cultura, just off the main square in Montejaque.
There will be a presentation of the book by the authors, including book signing, at the Hotel Molino del Santo at 19:00 on Wednesday 13 April.
“Walking in the Ronda Mountains” is published by Editorial La Serranía and is priced at 10€. It will be available at the Montejaque Tourist Office and across the Serrania de Ronda. Copies of the book can also be bought by contacting Tony Bishop (email@example.com)
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33