- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
‘Walking in the Ronda Mountains’ book launch
April 1, 2011 at
10:54 am • LAST EDITED:
May 1, 2011 at
Malaga • 14 Comments
MONTEJAQUE residents Tony Bishop and Eva Bratek’s long-awaited walking book has just been published.
Describing 30 half-day walks in the Serranía de Ronda, the book also contains flora and fauna notes and photographs.
“Walking in the Ronda Mountains” was written in order to highlight the wealth and diversity of hiking routes in the Serranía de Ronda.
Author Tony Bishop explained, “No such book existed in English.”
Recognising that many people are not interested in climbing mountain summits and the relative absence of waymarking, Eva and Tony have concentrated on walks on public footpaths in the mountains, rather than climbs to mountain peaks on unmarked paths. The in-house designed route maps should eliminate any risk of getting lost.
Many people visiting this part of Andalucía for the first time are impressed by the rich and diverse birdlife and wildflowers. The authors bring these to life with vivid photographs and descriptions.
The book includes walks in the following areas of the Serranía de Ronda:
- The immediate vicinity of Ronda
- The Guadiaro Valley
- The Sierra de Grazalema
- The Sierra de las Nieves
- The Upper Genal Valley
- There are also walks to the top of Los Reales (just inland from Estepona) and near Ojén
Several of the 30 walks are accessible by using just public transport.
To promote the book, Tony, a retired lecturer from Middlesbrough, and his partner Eva, from Poland, a photographer and expert in the local flora and fauna, are holding a book signing on Friday, 1 April between 17.00 and 19.00 in the Casa de Cultura, just off the main square in Montejaque.
There will be a presentation of the book by the authors, including book signing, at the Hotel Molino del Santo at 19:00 on Wednesday 13 April.
“Walking in the Ronda Mountains” is published by Editorial La Serranía and is priced at 10€. It will be available at the Montejaque Tourist Office and across the Serrania de Ronda. Copies of the book can also be bought by contacting Tony Bishop ([email protected])
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]
Most popular in the past hour...
Latest news from the Olive Press...
More British expats commit benefit fraud in Spain than in any other country…
Judge tells trio that jail sentences are 'inevitable' over €6.6 million scam…
Experts fear healthcare cuts could result in spiralling medical problems across Spain…