- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
- SITE INFO
- Data Protection
Donana National Park president steps down
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
FORMER Spanish PM Felipe Gonzalez has stepped down from his presidency at Donana National Park after admitting he does not have enough time to do the job.
Gonzalez, during his three years at the top of the park’s council, has come under fire many times from green groups Ecologistas en Accion and WWF.
Both regularly called for his resignation following his failure to turn up to meetings and conferences.
“Being president at Donana does not mean attending one meeting every six months,” said Donana’s WWF representative Felipe Fuentelsaz.
On resigning, Gonzalez said: “I decided that if I can’t do it well, the most responsible thing is to find a replacement as soon as possible who can devote more time and efficiency to the job.”
The search is now on for a new Donana president, a post which WWF say would need to be filled by someone ‘neutral’ and perhaps with a scientific background, who would be ready to ‘fight for Donana’.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]