A ONCE popular train that ran from Granada city centre to the Alhambra is being brought back by city bosses.
The reintroduction, which is being backed by the Council for Culture, will see a new environmentally friendly version of the train running again.
The train will be electric and it is hoped it will improve access to some of the top tourist attractions in the area including the famous monument near Plaza Nueva.
The train will be operated by a private company who will decide on the itinerary and price.
It is hoped the train will run in the area for at least the next ten years.
- Junta de Andalucia accused of human rights abuses - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 15:07
- Mammoth wasp nest found in abandoned property - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 14:58
- Shamed Spanish councillor goes topless - 21 Apr, 2013 @ 11:49
- See you later alligator! - 19 Apr, 2013 @ 11:20
- Not on our doorsteps! - 14 Apr, 2013 @ 10:32
- ‘Help us access our homes’, plead pensioners - 13 Apr, 2013 @ 10:57
- Lanzarote child abduction: Man arrested - 12 Apr, 2013 @ 13:41
- Big cats are back - 11 Apr, 2013 @ 17:27
- March sees worst rainfall in 60 years in Andalucia - 31 Mar, 2013 @ 09:01
- Feared and celebrated bull in Spain has died - 30 Mar, 2013 @ 08:50