- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Chris clips for charity
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
ANDALUCIA expat Chris Stewart is back doing what he does best.
The former Genesis drummer has been spotted showing off his sheep shearing skills on a woolly friend at Nerja’s Donkey Sanctuary.
Stewart was helping the sanctuary celebrate its 9th birthday by treating resident sheep Chuleta to a celebrity shear.
The rock star turned sheep-shearer turned author escaped to southern Spain nearly 25 years ago and now owns a sprawling farmhouse in Alpujarras.
He recounted Andalucian experiences in the best-selling Driving Over Lemons, making a name for himself in the literary world.
And the expat insists rural Spain is now his home for life; so will stay in Andalucia whether he’s writing, farming or making music.
Along with his shears, Stewart also brought his guitar to the sanctuary and was joined by local musicians to provide live music for the birthday celebration.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]