- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
- SITE INFO
- Data Protection
Government halts plans to grow marijuana in Catalunya
• A local Rasquera resident wears a shirt promoting the plans
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
CENTRAL government has crushed plans a Catalan town hall had to raise money by selling ‘therapeutic marijuana’.
A court ruled that Rasquera town hall’s proposal to allow a pro-cannabis association to grow the plant before selling it on to its members was ‘not in the public interest’.
Initially approved by the town hall in February of last year, the plan would allow the cash-strapped government to take a cut from both the sales and the land fees the plant would have been grown on.
However, Judge Rosa María Muñoz said in her ruling: “Economic interest or the serious economic situation of a town hall does not come within the concept of public interest.”
Rasquera Mayor Bernat Pellisa said the town hall would appeal the decision at the Catalan High Court.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]