- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Miss Gibraltar 2013 is crowned
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
SHOCKING frocks, camp glitz and glamour, it could only be the Miss Gibraltar contest!
After six weeks of continuous photo opportunities and promotional work, seven contestants faced their public for two and a half hours this weekend.
In a series of alluring costumes, the group paraded around before finally nervously giving a short speech.
Maroua Kharbouch, a Gibraltarian from a Moroccan Muslim family, won the title and will take part in the Miss World beauty pageant in Indonesia later this year
A well-known face on Gibraltar’s party circuit, Maroua was no stranger to Gibraltar’s various beauty contest opportunities, having entered a string of competitions since her teens.
The 22-year-old – who most recently won the Miss Motors title in 2010 – is a keep fit fan, who does a lot of volunteer work.
Most importantly she is a fan of the multicultural melting pot of Gibraltar.
After winning she explained: “I want young girls to look up to me and I want to be an extremely good example.
“I want them to say – look at her, if she can do it, so can I, being Moroccan Gibraltarian, whatever they may be, I feel I can truly inspire them
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]