ONE of Andalucia’s leading trade unions is planning to open a huge guacamole factory in the Axarquia.
Trops, which represents 1,800 farmers in the region, is set to open the 700sq m factory on the outskirts of Velez-Malaga.
The guacamole ‘Frumaco’ is described as a gourmet delicacy due to the superb quality of avocados found in the area.
Trops revealed that in 2013 it sold over 20,000 tonnes of tropical fruit totalling €36 million.
Some 5000 people work in this sector in the Axarquia.
- Giles Brown is stuck in ‘festive no man’s land’ - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 09:00
- What NOT to do at your office Christmas party in Spain - 21 Dec, 2018 @ 12:00
- Guests got more than they bargained for at Gibraltar’s Fawlty Towers dinner - 24 Nov, 2018 @ 19:00
- EXCLUSIVE : the Olive Press has Breakfast with Berkoff - 10 Nov, 2018 @ 11:01
- When it rains… - 28 Oct, 2018 @ 12:24
- Watch out, there’s a new 80s revival in town, but don’t except big hair and shoulder pads - 30 Sep, 2018 @ 12:10
- We’ve survived another mad Marbella summer - 15 Sep, 2018 @ 12:00
- TRIBUTE: Remembering Costa del Sol legendary singer Mel Williams - 2 Sep, 2018 @ 16:00
- AUGUST ANGST: Summer in southern Spain presents some interesting challenges - 4 Aug, 2018 @ 13:23
- TOUR DE FARCE: Last Monday was my final straw with the cyclists - 21 Jul, 2018 @ 11:10