- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Work beginning on new sewage plant for Nerja
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
THE long-running saga over Nerja’s sewage plant drew a little closer to completion when the town’s mayor, Jose Alberto Armijo, announced that the first stage of work had begun.
At a press conference at the site – located at the eastern end of the town – Armijo said that the administrative work dealing with the site had already begun.
And construction will begin ‘within weeks’ and is expected to take 24 months, with the plant fully operational six months after that.
The mayor added that the plant had been designed ‘to prevent any problems of bad odours’ entering the town.
When completed the plant will be able to handle water treatment for a population of 100,000 (Nerja has a population of just over 23,000) as well as a tertiary system that will allow the reuse of treated water for irrigation.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]