THE world’s most prestigious restaurant guide is set to launch its annual Spanish edition in Marbella this year.
It is the first time the annual Michelin red guide has been launched in a tourist resort, with the 2015 guide set to be unveiled on November 19.
Previously the annual trawl through the best of Spain’s restaurants and hotels has only been launched in Barcelona, Madrid and the Basque Country.
Europe’s most revered dining book will be presented in a ceremony involving the mayor of Marbella, Maria Angeles Muñoz, and celebrity chef Dani Garcia.
The event will take place at the Hotel Los Monteros, which was fittingly the first in Spain to win a Michelin star for its El Corzo restaurant in 1986.
Marbella has become a beacon of fine dining on the Costa del Sol in recent years, with no less than three Michelin starred restaurants.
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36