THROW away the sangria, push aside the gin and lock up the wine cupboard… there’s a new drink in town.
British wine expert Victoria Moore has been talking up Spain’s new summer tipple, Tio Pepe and tonic – or T&T as it is being labelled.
Already a firm favourite in Majorca, T&T is expected to land in mainland Spain this summer.
Described as ‘more sippable than gluggable’, Moore advises that the tonic outweighs the sherry for a more full flavour.
Tio Pepe is a brand of sherry named after one of the founders’ uncles. It is made from the palomino grape, largely grown in Jerez.
Marketed as a dry white wine, the company has thrived to become one of the leading alcoholic drinks companies in Spain.
The perfect T&T:
- Fill a tall glass with ice
- Add a slice on thinly chopped orange, or lime
- Add a splash of lemon juice
- Pour the Tio Pepe over the ice until just over half way
- Fill the glass to the top with tonic water and stir
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36