A KALEIDOSCOPIC explosion of artistic colour greets visitors to Hostal Plaza in San Pedro.
Most of the rooms and communal areas have bespoke murals which present visitors with a bold sensory delight.
The project is the brainchild of the Wynn family – Gary, Karen and sons Richard and Michael, who moved to San Pedro from the UK four-and-a-half years ago.
“There are so many hostels in Spain we wanted something a bit different so we would be remembered,” said Karen.
“We invite artists who are wanting to build their portfolio to come and paint at the hostel, we do this on an exchange basis, offering free food and accommodation and a chance to have a holiday in San Pedro. We supply all the materials…… they supply their talent.”
The hostel has 18 ensuite rooms and a lovely roof terrace.
CORRECTION FROM NEWSPAPER EDITION: Contact 673 19 75 21 or 952 782 033
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00