IT is literally beautiful food, some of the prettiest dishes served on the coast… and with a venue to match!
With classic Michelin star panache Belgium Master chef Alexandre is a creative genius in the kitchen.
After a decade on the coast at the likes of Casanis and Casa Mono, he set up stunning Restaurant Alexandre – all contemporary lines and hip decorations – nearly two years ago.
Changing the menu by the day and working as seasonally as possible, it is only a matter of time before he wins some plaudits.
A largely undiscovered gem, hidden in a back-street in the hinterland between Estepona and Marbella, expect dishes like scallop carpaccio with seaweed and truffle sauce or poached egg with spinach and chanterelle mushrooms.
His turbot was in a word ‘wow’, while vitello tonnato with white veal and tuna with capers, gherghins, radishes and parmesan shavings was a delight.
There are some great French wines to match and some local chestnuts too. One to watch out for.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00