CHARITABLE and sympathetic members of the Benavista Bowls Club raised money for the widow and child of Fatima Dorado.
The club organised a bowling competition and barbeque that followed.
Hughie Holgate, head of the club, donated the competition’s prizes and rink fees, as well as a portion of the costs for the barbeque.
The bowlers donated all proceeds, totalling €550, to the Fatima Fund.
The fund, set up by the Olive Press, supports Fatima’s widow, Tomas Ramirez, and their daughter in this harrowingly difficult time of their lives.
- From Nerja to Manilva: How far has construction of the record-breaking La Senda Litoral walkway progressed? - 20 Aug, 2016 @ 17:53
- Holiday season boosts Spanish train service Renfe - 19 Aug, 2016 @ 14:40
- Floating lanterns banned from Manilva’s Luna Llena festival - 14 Aug, 2016 @ 14:00
- Basque Culinary World Prize awarded to Venezuelan chef - 13 Aug, 2016 @ 16:00
- Spain faces uphill battle to meet new EU emissions goals - 13 Aug, 2016 @ 12:00
- Nerja welcomes hometown World Combat Jujitsu champion - 12 Aug, 2016 @ 17:14
- Dani Garcia opens new restaurant in Puente Romano - 12 Aug, 2016 @ 16:00
- Huge pharma company investing almost €300m into UK post-Brexit - 12 Aug, 2016 @ 09:52
- Spain paying €300m a year in pensions to people who are dead - 11 Aug, 2016 @ 09:02
- Evening horse racing on Sanlucar beach in August - 10 Aug, 2016 @ 16:00