RUGBY teams from across Spain went head-to-head at the annual Torneo Villa de Puerto Real.
Taking place in the Cadiz seaside town of Puerto Real, local side the Watermelons hosted 10 teams including Ronda’s Los Bandoleros as well as Rugbeers from Cadiz and Sevilla, Hienas of Huelva, Madrid side the Politicians and Sevilla outfit Mercanarios.
The Madrid side run out overall winners, beating the Mercanarios in the final with the homeside beating Ronda’s Los Bandoleros in the third/ fourth playoff.
Tournament sponsor Dawn Hutchinson of ArayoWeb said the tournament was a resounding success.
“The beach rugby was a truly memorable occasion,” she said. “Thanks again to the Watermelons and the Ayuntamiento of Puerto Real for organising such a fun and professional event, which was also streamed live on YouTube for those who want to watch it.”
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36