SOME 10.1 million foreign tourists flocked to Spain in August.
The staggering figure is a 5.8% increase on last year and is a monthly record, according to the National Statistics Institute.
The influx of tourists has led to a jobs surge over the summer and extended the country’s economic recovery.
In the first eight months of 2016, tourist numbers increased by 10% from the same period in 2015 to 52.5 million.
Spain is now expecting to break last year’s record of 68.1 million arrivals.
The country’s tourism sector has received a boost as security fears continue to plague rival destinations in the Mediterranean and Middle East.
Most visitors remained British and arrivals from the UK increased by 3.9% year-on-year in August.
However the figure does mark a slowdown compared to previous months, perhaps owing to the weakening of the pound post-Brexit.
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22