A MAN has been arrested in connection with the death of a British man who was found tied to a bench at Malaga airport.
A Finnish national was arrested yesterday and was held at an undisclosed location.
The 50-year-old man has been described as a ‘well-built giant’ by a source close to the investigation.
It is not yet known how or if he knows the victim.
The source said: “He is being investigated at this stage on suspicion of a crime of manslaughter although that could change as the judicial probe progresses.”
Further arrests have not been ruled out as police are still thought to be searching for three men who were seen with the victim, who is believed to have been sleeping rough at the airport.
A specialist prosecutor agreed to investigate the case following pressure from Observatorio Hatento, an amalgamation of Spanish homeless charities, which said the death could be a result of hobophobia – a fear of homeless people.
The suspect, who is being investigated for manslaughter, is being held in remand in Alhaurin de la Torre.
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16