A MAN has been arrested in connection with the death of a British man who was found tied to a bench at Malaga airport.
A Finnish national was arrested yesterday and was held at an undisclosed location.
The 50-year-old man has been described as a ‘well-built giant’ by a source close to the investigation.
It is not yet known how or if he knows the victim.
The source said: “He is being investigated at this stage on suspicion of a crime of manslaughter although that could change as the judicial probe progresses.”
Further arrests have not been ruled out as police are still thought to be searching for three men who were seen with the victim, who is believed to have been sleeping rough at the airport.
A specialist prosecutor agreed to investigate the case following pressure from Observatorio Hatento, an amalgamation of Spanish homeless charities, which said the death could be a result of hobophobia – a fear of homeless people.
The suspect, who is being investigated for manslaughter, is being held in remand in Alhaurin de la Torre.
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27
- IN PICS: Saudi tycoon’s HUGE €200 million yacht arrives on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 13:59