A MAN has been arrested in connection with the death of a British man who was found tied to a bench at Malaga airport.
A Finnish national was arrested yesterday and was held at an undisclosed location.
The 50-year-old man has been described as a ‘well-built giant’ by a source close to the investigation.
It is not yet known how or if he knows the victim.
The source said: “He is being investigated at this stage on suspicion of a crime of manslaughter although that could change as the judicial probe progresses.”
Further arrests have not been ruled out as police are still thought to be searching for three men who were seen with the victim, who is believed to have been sleeping rough at the airport.
A specialist prosecutor agreed to investigate the case following pressure from Observatorio Hatento, an amalgamation of Spanish homeless charities, which said the death could be a result of hobophobia – a fear of homeless people.
The suspect, who is being investigated for manslaughter, is being held in remand in Alhaurin de la Torre.
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38