A SPANISH student in Glasgow has been left stunned after discovering his landlord is Osama Bin Laden’s brother.
Pablo Canga, from Gijon, has been staying at Woodside House in the city centre, where studio flats come with dinner party rooms, a cinema and a private gym.
But what residents at the €14,000-a-year accomodation didn’t know was that the building is owned by Saudi construction tycoon Bakr Mohammed Bin Laden, half-brother to the mastermind behind the 9/11 terrorist attacks Osama Bin Laden.
The 21-year-old Spaniard, who is studying mechanics at Glasgow University, said: “I have friends who live in this building and I am quite shocked to hear that this is Osama Bin Laden’s brother’s property.
“In Spain, people view Osama Bin Laden as a very cruel terrorist.
“I think that Spanish people coming to study in Glasgow would definitely be put off to discover that this was who owned the accommodation. They may not want to stay there.”
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16