HUNDREDS of Spanish families have launched a campaign to reclaim Cuban property snatched by Castro.
At least 260 are currently being represented by 1898 Company, an organisation founded to help Spaniards whose homes and land were expropriated after the communist revolution.
Jordi Cabarrocas, 1898 founder believes they are owed an estimated 2.34 million and is now helping them collect evidence to strengthen their claims.
He also wants to persuade 400 other families he believes were also deprived of their property to join the campaign.
The foundation insisted the families involved are more concerned about ‘gaining justice’ rather than financial gain.
- OPINION: Why Mijas needs to see serious change in 2019 - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 17:36
- Is your home in Spain ready for the cold? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:30
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00