But when it comes to partying the British and Spanish are neck and neck. Or should that be nose to nose?
Both nations have the dubious honour of being the highest cocaine users in Europe.
The two countries also have the highest consumption of ecstasy, with 4.2% of British and 3.3% of Spanish 15 to 34-year-olds admitting to taking the Class A drug.
A study by the OECD also found the Spanish to be pretty similar when it came to boozing.
According to the study, the Spanish are the fourth biggest drinkers of alcohol, at least among teens.
The report found that the percentage of 15-year-old girls who have been drunk at least twice was 33% in the UK, and 21% in Spain, and a massive 38% in Denmark.
More worryingly for the British youth was its Gonorrhea levels, which far surpassed the rest of Europe, with 59.7 people per 100,000 having the pus-producing infection, followed by Ireland with 28.3.
Spain came fourth with 9.8 per 100,000.
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35