From physical injury to a gradual deterioration of the retina, there are numerous causes of eyesight loss. People aged 55 and above are the most likely to experience weakness in their vision, although today’s common causes of eyesight loss affect everyone regardless of their age.
While those belonging to higher age groups have a natural tendency to experience less vitality in their sight organs, the younger population suffers from day-to-day exposure to all kinds of artificial lights and digital screens. This is due to the multiple conveniences provided through such screens, starting from human interaction through to accessing your favorite card and slot games in your living room. Read more here about such conveniences, and don’t forget to choose a few snacks besides carrots from the following list of sight-boosting foods.
While it may be slightly difficult to handle your Eggs Benedict during your blackjack action, you can simply boil a couple and eat them between hands. This type of food is known to have extremely beneficial proteins, especially in the yolk, that help protect the lens in your eye.
A vegetable that serves the eye more or less the same way as eggs, garlic can also function as an organic antibiotic which prevents various forms of diseases and infections to your eyes. It is especially recommendable for those in need of its other benefits, as garlic is also known to lower cholesterol and blood pressure, aside from protecting your eyes.
- Dark leafy greens
Green vegetables in general are a good source of vitamins A, B and C, as well as minerals – calcium. These substances have been known to improve eye vision, especially if you eat the vegetables as raw as possible. Remember this the next time you plan to overcook spinach or kale leaves, as well as broccoli – these greens should be eaten without changing their color too drastically.
- Citrus fruit
Fruits and vegetables tend to go together, and in this case, the best fruits to go with your eye-empowering diet are those from the citrus type. Kiwi, grapefruit, tangerines and oranges are an easy and tasty way to intake natural vitamin C instead of using food supplements, even though people suffering from cataracts are often advised to implement both measures.
Fish is an important part of a generally healthy diet, and is often listed among the super-foods that give you the greatest energy boost you need to go through your daily tasks. On top of this, fish is known to be rich in Omega 3 fats, so that you still get enough variety in your regular diet and you are able to keep your eyes moisturized. For instance, salmon is considered among the best choices for people looking to experience these benefits.
- Dark chocolate
Nothing beats chocolate for desert, and in this case, it is both tasty and good for your eyes. Dark chocolate has particular fibers and ingredients that boost your overall blood circulation and particularly strengthen the blood vessels in your eyes.
- Italian dynamo – one of the most-established chefs in Pollensa - 15 Jun, 2018 @ 18:10
- Estepona boasts two of the Costa del Golf’s founding courses, and a whole lot more - 4 May, 2018 @ 18:21
- Oh La La La Cala – Joffrey Charles is the true Gallic star of the coast - 8 Apr, 2018 @ 17:12
- Sherry House in Mijas has one of the biggest collection of sherries in the world - 7 Apr, 2018 @ 20:01
- Taste on a high – Mijas is fast developing a vibrant and exciting restaurant scene - 5 Apr, 2018 @ 19:47
- It’s been happy days since Guillermo Morillas opened his agency, Target Estates, in Mijas Pueblo - 4 Apr, 2018 @ 21:22
- Secret of success – the key restaurateurs of Mijas Pueblo - 3 Apr, 2018 @ 19:18
- Two Spanish sides to face English teams in the Champions League - 4 Jan, 2018 @ 16:56
- The three best casinos in Madrid - 4 Jan, 2018 @ 16:08
- You Could Win $690 Million in American Lottery Prizes This Weekend - 29 Dec, 2017 @ 13:30