THE Sierra Nevada ski resort has officially started preparing for the festive season as temperatures drop to -6 degrees.
More than 100 cannons were used to set a thick layer of artificial snow across the beginner’s area in Borreguiles and on the El Rio de Pradollano track.
It comes as temperatures dropped to -1 in Pradollano and -6 in Borreguiles, with intermittent snowfall forecasted over the coming days.
The resort, which was founded in 1964, is one of Europe’s most popular ski resorts and frequented by the likes of King Felipe of Spain.
- Popular Casino Games Across Europe - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 16:14
- OPINION: Why Mijas needs to see serious change in 2019 - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 17:36
- Is your home in Spain ready for the cold? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:30
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16