ON Saturday at 9pm Hamza Ziani was assassinated while he ate sushi and sipped a beer with a girl in Torremolinos’ Tiki restaurant.
As the waitress brought the food to the table, a lone gunman entered the restaurant and fired nine shots, catching his victim four times in the head and chest.
Ziani died in the Regional Hospital of Malaga hours later, while his masked killer escaped with at least one accomplice in a stolen white van, which they used to evade police on the motorway.
A Dutchman of Maghrebi origin, Ziani, 33, was immediately identified by authorities upon his assassination, who recognised him as an international narco who they had arrested just a month previous, for making a bomb in Marbella.
Spain’s bomb disposal experts, Tedax, carried out a controlled explosion of the device in Marbella on September, which was found on a construction site.
The dead Dutchman was in a conflict with the Netherlands most wanted criminal Ridouan Taghi, who has ordered around 20 deaths to protect his €100 million cocaine empire and the killing of Ziani is believed to be the latest round of score settling on the Costa del Sol.
The Dutch are one of the principal mafias on the Costa del Sol, controlling a large portion of the cocaine business, in a year that has seen gang warfare reach new heights.
The month of October began with the Estepona shooting of another drug smuggler, whose body was dumped in Algeciras and last week police recorded a six-tonne cocaine haul in Malaga concealed in bananas.
- Gibraltar’s Chief Minister Fabian Picardo will ‘celebrate’ if Brexit cancelled - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 19:28
- Police investigation as British woman in Spain smashed in head by lorry doors and airlifted to hospital - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:59
- British expats in Spain among 100 homeowners to face compulsory purchases of land due to huge pylon network - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:04
- ‘Frightening’ moment on Thomas Cook flight to Spain as squishy cat toy explodes in British seven-year-old’s face - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 16:10
- Spain could snatch €1 billion Royal Navy ship contract ahead of British firms despite wargames over Gibraltar - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 12:40
- Gibraltar to install 17 speed bumps on Rock to protect ‘vulnerable’ baby monkeys from drivers - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 13:44
- Number of Brits on Costa del Sol increases for first time since before Brexit - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:14
- Man in Spain arrested over double knife attack at Ryanair check-in desk that saw woman stabbed in ear - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:33
- Tourism companies in Spain outraged at being handed limits on daily beach visitors with some as low as 250 per day - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 16:05
- WATCH: Dramatic moment huge tree smashes into crowd in Spain during Easter event - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15