HOLLYWOOD giants Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz are set to stir things up in the historic city of Cadiz next month.
The glamorous pair are scheduled to film a number of scenes in the old quarter as part of the forthcoming movie, Wichita – set for release in 2010.
In particular, the city will be host for a 20 minute chase scene that will be the fast-paced finale to the film being directed by James Mangold.
American director Mangold reportedly chose the city for its distinctive look as well as “its light”.
Mayor of Cadiz, Teófila Martínez, said that it is a great honour for the city and insisted that the authorities will do everything possible to make the film crew’s ten-day stay enjoyable.
Diaz and Cruise starred together in Vanilla Sky, the 2001 remake of Spanish director Pedro Almodovar’s critically-acclaimed Abre los Ojos.
The team is still looking for a base during the two weeks they plan to spend in the city, although it is likely to remain a secret once they do.
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00