TWO British girls have been raped in the space of a week in Spain.
An 18-year-old girl was assaulted when walking back to her Magaluf hotel with a friend.
The victim told police she was hauled into an alleyway by two men and was raped by one while the other stood and watched.
Police confirmed that a manhunt on the island of Mallorca has now been launched to catch the assailants.
“They were both visibly very scared and in a bad state. They were able to show us the alley where the assault took place.”
A source explained: “They were both visibly very scared and in a bad state. They were able to show us the alley where the assault took place.
“They had been drinking but they were not falling down drunk and they reported the attack a few hours after it took place.”
Just days earlier, another assault happened at an alcohol-fuelled festival in Salou, near Barcelona.
A British undergraduate claims she was raped by a fellow UK student while celebrating Saloufest, a five-day boozy party.
The young student alleges she was raped on the beach after meeting her attacker at a private party.
The pair left the club together, before the purported assault took place.
The offender was arrested, but has since been released on bail, pending further investigations.
The victim told police that she woke up on the beach some hours after the incident, but also admitted she can remember little as she was drunk.
However, the male student insisted they had consensual sex and that they walked back to her hotel afterwards.
The man has not been charged with any offence and a judge will decide at a later date if he should face trial.
More than 4000 young British revellers descended on Salou, leading to scenes of chaos in the normally sleepy coastal town.
Residents were left fuming due to the late night antics that ensued – revellers were vomiting and urinating in the streets and 14 were treated for alcohol poisoning.
One even broke his ankle after being accidentally run over by a police car.
- ALIVE AND KICKING: Trio of British rock legends wow the festival crowds at Lisbon’s Nos Alive - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:18
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27