THE ex-boyfriend of missing teenager Marta del Castillo has been accused of murdering her after she refused to kiss him.
This is the theory of the judge who has charged Miguel Carcano, 20, with murder and two counts of rape.
Meanwhile, three others are accused of collaborating in her death and disappearance.
A minor, nicknamed El Cuco, is also charged with partaking in the assault and will face a juvenile court trial.
Carcano allegedly tried to kiss Castillo at his brother’s flat, but when she rejected his advances, he instigated the rape ordeal with his friends.
She was reportedly threatened with a knife throughout the assault before being strangled with an extension cord.
Castillo, then 17, vanished on January 24 2009 and judge Francisco de Asis Molina described the case as “extraordinary”.
He has now concluded the case and declared it ready for trial.
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00