THE ex-boyfriend of missing teenager Marta del Castillo has been accused of murdering her after she refused to kiss him.
This is the theory of the judge who has charged Miguel Carcano, 20, with murder and two counts of rape.
Meanwhile, three others are accused of collaborating in her death and disappearance.
A minor, nicknamed El Cuco, is also charged with partaking in the assault and will face a juvenile court trial.
Carcano allegedly tried to kiss Castillo at his brother’s flat, but when she rejected his advances, he instigated the rape ordeal with his friends.
She was reportedly threatened with a knife throughout the assault before being strangled with an extension cord.
Castillo, then 17, vanished on January 24 2009 and judge Francisco de Asis Molina described the case as “extraordinary”.
He has now concluded the case and declared it ready for trial.
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58