EXCLUSIVE by Amie Keeley
A PAIR of pensioners are up in arms after they were abused for complaining about shoddy service from a satellite TV company.
They insist they were sworn at after asking Free2viewTV for a refund for equipment that did not work.
One, Paul Rosevear, 65, from Cartama, spent 300 euros on a satellite box fitted by the company last month.
But it stopped working just an hour after a technician had been sent round to install it.
When his son rang the company asking for a refund, boss Steve Rose’s response was simple and to the point: “What the f*** does it have to do with you?” and slammed down the phone.
Days later, however, the technician arrived with a new box, but when Rosevear explained he wanted a full refund, he was told he could only have a credit note.
Incredibly when he complained by email, he received a reply on Valentine’s Day from company director Rose who threatened to sue him if he continued to complain.
Rose warned him that his wife was a lawyer and his brother-in-law was a policeman.
It ended: “Get a life you muppet.”
A furious Rosevear told the Olive Press: “This is a total disgrace and no way to behave.”
Another customer Cliff Hugill, 67, also from Cartama, had problems in November when equipment did not work.
When he phoned to complain he claims he was also told to ‘f*** off’ and ‘this is Spain not England’.
After calling another technician to take a look, he was told that the new equipment was, in fact, secondhand.
When the Olive Press contacted the company last month, we were also threatened.
Director Rose insisted he would sue us if we printed anything and insisted that Hugill’s work was, in fact, sub-contracted out to someone else and nothing to with him. Eventually, the sub-contractor, James Taylor, agreed to replace it.
However, two months later and Hugill still hasn’t had a replacement and is unable to get through to James Taylor or anyone at Free2viewTV.
“They are ignoring me. I have phoned several times. As pensioners, we are a vulnerable group of people,” he said. “People need to be warned.”
When asked why he felt entitled to abuse his customers, Rose told the Olive Press: “I accept what you are saying. Some people get treated worse than others.
“But nine out of ten customers are happy and I can give 10 good references.
“That man’s son swore at me and threatened my wife.If they had a problem why did they pay for the service in the first place? You are clutching at straws.”
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46