LIKE London buses, two new stretches of motorway are to open in the space of two days.
The new AP-46 toll motorway from Malaga to Antequera (Las Pedrizas), is set to open on October 28.
The 400 million-euro toll road, with 18 viaducts and three tunnels, will cut journey time from 30 to 15 minutes.
The 25km road is expected to cost between two and three euros depending on the season.
The news comes as the opening of the second Malaga ring road will take traffic from Torremolinos to Alhaurin de la Torre is set to be the day before.
This route includes a tunnel through the Sierra de Churriana.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02