A BRITISH expat has published a book to help people get to grips with the English language.
English Expects by Bob Yareham, an English teacher who has lived in Valencia since 1981, is a series of essays on the origin of words, phrases, idioms.
“It is not often that a book comes along that not only changes your life but which also makes you laugh. This isn’t such a book, but it’s worth buying,” jokes Yareham.
“It is a series of essays about the etymology, grammar and teaching of English, mixed up with my futile attempts to make sense of wine, women and students.
“For those who enjoy the English language, this is the book for you.”
English Expects is available as an e-book from www.amazon.com
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02