HE might be a youngster but he has certainly got a heart of a lion.
Ben Donahue, 8, is planning to swim 4.5 miles on September 1 to raise money for six-year old Jamie Inglis, a cancer patient he has never met.
The idea came to Ben after he overheard his parents and friend Sergeant Robert Records mention that Jamie, the son of a friend from Record’s army training days, is battling neuroblastoma, a severe childhood cancer.
Jamie beat the illness when he was just three but has since relapsed, now requiring €317,000 for treatment in Germany.
Ben will swim to raise money for Jamie while Sergeant Record, unwilling to sit idly by, will run a marathon the same day around the Rock.
Potential sponsors can visit www.justgiving.com/roadtopool
- Maximilian Bartie - 4 Sep, 2012 @ 14:20
- Making a splash around Andalucia - 3 Sep, 2012 @ 14:22
- Andalucia’s open-air cuisine - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 14:04
- Corruption probe over illegal licence for Benalmadena apartment complex - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 10:50
- Classes for parents aim to combat fatigue in children - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 10:48
- Andalucia dubbed a birdwatcher’s paradise - 1 Sep, 2012 @ 09:20
- Meeting the Spanish ‘Robin Hood’ - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 14:00
- Spain turns volume down - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 10:54
- A new look for Spaniard Penelope Cruz - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 09:00
- Worker dies in Benalmadena rubbish accident - 30 Aug, 2012 @ 13:16