THE jury unanimously convicted Joseph Breton of the death of his children, Ruth and Joseph, in the Provincial Court of Córdoba.
The Justice Department have asked for forty years of imprisonment, and they believe Breton killed his children to avenge his wife, Ruth Ortiz.
The jury reached a unanimous decision, at around 11:30 am on Friday. It came after four days of deliberation.
Breton murdered both his children and burned them in a funeral pyre of the Quemadillas, their skeletal remains were discovered by police.
The presiding judge, Peter J. Vela, will now decide what Joseph Breton sentence will be. Both the prosecution and private prosecution requested 40 years’ imprisonment, the maximum penalty for double murder in degree of kinship and premeditation aggravating plus another felony crime simulation.
Breton reported his children missing on October 8, 2011, he said they were last seen in Parque Cruz Conde de Córdoba, while playing. The town spent days searching for the two children.
It was over a year later that Judge Jose Luis Rodriguez accused Breton of the two murders. The trial began on June 17, 2013.
- VIDEO: Nightmare returns for illegal homeowners in Spain as Junta once again demolishes foreigners homes - 16 Oct, 2013 @ 08:00
- VIDEO: Two British-owned homes have been demolished in Spain and two more will come down this week - 15 Oct, 2013 @ 11:44
- Spanish name for Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez’s baby boy - 14 Oct, 2013 @ 12:13
- VIDEO: Metropolitan Police release new e-fits in connection with Maddie McCann disappearance - 14 Oct, 2013 @ 10:23
- Louis Vuitton collaborates with Spanish illustrator to create new shopping app ads - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 17:50
- Hilarious holiday complaints revealed by travel company - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 14:16
- Have Enrique Iglesias and Anna Kournikova broken up? - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 08:09
- Protesters strip naked to make a point against animal cruelty - 12 Oct, 2013 @ 14:11
- Spanish doctor ordered to pay up for mis-diagnosis of Wolf Man - 11 Oct, 2013 @ 06:00
- Three netball teams join to raise money for Macmillan Cancer - 9 Oct, 2013 @ 11:27