THE Royal Navy will send three vessels to Gibraltar on Monday as tensions continue to rise.
Ten ships including an aircraft carrier, two frigates and support ships, will be heading from the UK on an annual exercise, and three of them will dock for three days in Gibraltar.
The vessels will practice a range of operations, including ‘deterring adversaries’- which are likely to put a further strain on diplomatic relations.
Ministry of Defence officials have claimed that the mission, called Cougar ’13, has been planned for a long time and it is just a coincidence.
However, senior government sources have said that it is convenient as it will reassure the people of Gibraltar that the UK is on their side.
- VIDEO: Nightmare returns for illegal homeowners in Spain as Junta once again demolishes foreigners homes - 16 Oct, 2013 @ 08:00
- VIDEO: Two British-owned homes have been demolished in Spain and two more will come down this week - 15 Oct, 2013 @ 11:44
- Spanish name for Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez’s baby boy - 14 Oct, 2013 @ 12:13
- VIDEO: Metropolitan Police release new e-fits in connection with Maddie McCann disappearance - 14 Oct, 2013 @ 10:23
- Louis Vuitton collaborates with Spanish illustrator to create new shopping app ads - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 17:50
- Hilarious holiday complaints revealed by travel company - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 14:16
- Have Enrique Iglesias and Anna Kournikova broken up? - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 08:09
- Protesters strip naked to make a point against animal cruelty - 12 Oct, 2013 @ 14:11
- Spanish doctor ordered to pay up for mis-diagnosis of Wolf Man - 11 Oct, 2013 @ 06:00
- Three netball teams join to raise money for Macmillan Cancer - 9 Oct, 2013 @ 11:27